Tuesday 2 June 2009

Remote Control

Even though the bulk of my readings will be done in person, after responding to a request a week ago, I will be performing a remote reading this evening via Instant Messenger. In actual fact, since the beginning of trading, this will be my first customer.

Personally, I prefer the contact with people that face to face reading gives. Some readers will draw cards with little to no contact and post a reading to the client in the mail or over the internet. I have done this in the past, and even though it has had good results, it is not my preferred way of working. Unfortunately, distance means that I can not get to everyone who wishes me to read for them, but a service such as Instant Messenger allows bridges to be formed. A remote reading enables conversation between two people and provides the client with a certain level of control over their own reading. We might see the computer as another tool of The Magician.

Talking of The Magician, I just received an email from yesterday's 'card' model. I was pleased to hear that he is working on his own fashion line. His email concluded with the thought that to reap any benefits in life, we need to give things a shot. This made me smile, since it entwined quite perfectly with the interpretation of the card I chose him for. The traditional Magician has a table of tools. Each has it's own use and it is up to him to choose which will benefit a circumstance or situation. Even though remote readings will not suit all of my clients, for tonight's lady, it is a way of bridging a gap and helping her join the dots.

No comments: