Sunday 12 July 2009

Lucky Star

Even though the last few weeks have been pretty productive in terms of teaching and tarot reading, things have not always seemed so positive. In the current climate, for many people, work has been hard to find. Although it has got me down on many an occasion, I have always clung to the hope that things would get better at some point.

When I think of The Star in tarot, it is that small pocket of hope which I draw on. I imagine it as a tiny window of light amongst the darkest of days. When things are not working out as I might like them, it is this window which I aim to squeeze through eventually.

My model for this card is Zorian. Even though we see a bright, youthful and attractive face looking out to us from this card, things have not always been so easy for him. He has had to deal with many obstacles and personal problems in his life so far, and I have chosen him to be The Star because through such hardship, he managed to carry on towards that small window of hope. He is a fighter and an inspiration.

So for today, as one teaching project is now finished and I have no up-and-coming appointments, I look into this card. Zorian's eyes offer hope as he invites us to join him amongst the frame of this card and seek out small areas of opportunity, rather than fixing our attention on the darker side of the world around us.

No comments: