Monday 6 July 2009

The Spark

Even though the tarot page's depict young people, many readers use them to describe events. Because of the youthfulness of these characters, it is often new situations or projects that they will describe. In terms of the Page of Wands, we have a person or theme which is fresh, excitable and creative.

The Page of Wands might be a good card to describe how things are going for me at the moment. Since I started this blog, things have begun to pick up. I have had a handful of new tarot clients, and through them, my name has been recommended to further people who are now getting in touch. With regards to my work as a designer, I have just spent two weeks in a grammar school, guiding teenagers through the process of creative learning. I often see this card as a lit match which has been tossed into a stack of dry wood. It is the original spark before the fire. As with my tarot clients, I am hoping that other schools will respond to my newly acquired and successful teaching experience.

As I have been updating and creating this site, I have chosen the models without too much prior-thought. I could be thinking of a card and a person will come to mind, or as in this case, I will see someone and their personality traits will remind me of a character from the tarot. I chose my friend Lizzie for this card. We met over a year ago at a party. In the same way that the initial spark of a match can turn into a forest fire, we quickly hit it off, spending a long portion of our time there sitting in a bathroom, talking. She has a very captivating personality, and as with all members of the wands court, is creative, inspired and inspiring in her own originality.

No comments: