Wednesday 15 July 2009

Straight to the Point

For me, the Knight of Swords is one of the most dynamic characters in the tarot. Where as the Knight of Cups may find himself lost in love or the Knight of Pentacles can be found up to his (or her, since my own illustration here is female) elbows in work, the Knight of Swords is all about movement. When this young man charges into your day, you'll most definitely notice him.

For this card, I have chosen my friend Thijs. I first began speaking with him a handful of years ago. We met through a tarot forum. As a couple of swordy guys together, we enjoyed the conversation and debate shared with others at the time. On occasion, we could both be likened to this knight, charging into and slicing through conversations with our strong and forceful opinions.

Thijs and I continued to talk away from the forum, and after a good few years, have now reconnected again. He has a good mind and says what he thinks. In a world filled with many a back-stabber and flaky personality, it is good to have friends around you who don't sugar-coat what they tell you and are straight to the point.

Not everyone is ready for the Knight of Swords, since he can represent sudden change which can sometimes be disruptive. But generally, I think we all can appreciate the kind of person he is - one of intelligence, conversation, great enthusiasm and wit. Personally, I need this kind of man in my life - someone who knows how to whip up that which is stagnant and stimulate my mind.

No comments: