Sunday 16 August 2009

The Thinker

This card has been on the back burner for just under a month. The last time I saw the young man it is modeled on, we decided that we would get together for a drink at some point and take some further photos as source material. But since life has been that bit busier in these last few weeks, we haven't managed to hook up, so I began working with what I already had.

I chose this card to work on because it is connected with both the mind and authority. With a new design contract coming up, I really need to engage my brain and remain focused. I cannot allow my emotions to be triggered under pressure or for my social life to find a way of squeezing itself in between me and the new job. This has happened before. The King of Swords understands how to control these things with the power of his mind.

I chose Ben as the subject for this card. We first met in a late bar a while back. I walked over and told him I liked what he was wearing. From that moment, we literally stayed up all night talking and went from the bar to breakfast in the morning. He has a coolness of character about him, which makes sense in using him as a spokesperson for this king. Even though more emotionally rounded than this tarot character, Ben is a deep thinker, and from what I know of him, takes responsibility for and care of his words in the same way as the King of Swords would.

No comments: